Saturday, August 19, 2006

HELLO FROM HANOI

We arrived in Hanoi about 9:30 tonight without any problems. I got through the passport/custom people the "traditional" way and Lisa was able to rely on her American features to get her through without incident. I'm happy to report that all electronics are present and accounted for.

Hanoi looks and feels completely different from Saigon. It's bigger, louder (if that's possible) and lacks Saigon's sunny disposition. There are less moped and bicycle traffic too. It's been raining on and off here so that may explain the gritty feel of the city. My lack of sleep may explain my impression too. It's 12:25am on Sunday here now, it's 2:25am in Japan on Sunday and 12:20pm in Dallas on Saturday. In other words, it's an Ambien night. I'll have a better idea of the city and its people tomorrow when I'm well rested and out and about in the city.

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Tyra said...

I see rain in the Hanoi forecast through Thursday. If only you could send some of it our way! We wish you restful sleep and look forward to reading about your first Sydney hug! Love, the Damms

 

Post a Comment

<< Home