Sunday, August 20, 2006

A GREAT ENDING TO MY FIRST FULL DAY IN HANOI

After a relaxing massage and a great dinner, the bumps of the day seem more like molehills than mountains. (Drew and Jonny - the masseuse was not freakishly strong, but the hour massage was $25). Here is a great picture of the Lake from Lisa's camera. That's the bridge where I dropped my camera.





Lisa and I went to dinner with one of the other family, Julie and Dan, tonight at a restaurant called Emperor, which served great food. The restaurant was listed as "Very Expensive" in my Frommer's guide. The meal was $18 per person, with wine and 2 courses for each person. I LOVE THIS TOWN. The bottle of water ordered by Dan was more expensive than the wine.

So I talked to Ninh and the deal about tomorrow is that he couldn't get us an early flight so by the time we get to Danang, it will be around 4pm and there won't be enough time to have the adoption ceremony since people leave work around that time. On Tues, the official people needed for the ceremony have meetings and won't be available. We will be on call on Tues in case a slot of time opens up for us to run to the orphanage to have the adoption ceremony. Worse case scenario, we will have the ceremony on Wed. I'll be able to spend an hour with Sydney on Mon and maybe for a couple of hours on Tues. Atleast I'll be able to see and hold her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home